Tuesday, August 14, 2007

“Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” --Kahlil Gibran

Tonight I feellike I have had enough adult activity for a long time... Anyone who knows me is certain that I am a 26-year-old woman trapped in a 14-year-old soul. I wake up very early every morning, and I'm so certain that everyone else around me also wants to witness the miracle of every sunrise that I sing a "morning song" at the top of my lungs--something I learned in Sunday School 15 years ago, Carol King, the Carpenters.... It matters not what song it is, but the way it makes my heart SOAR for the rest of the day. And that's not the extent of my juvenile behavior...no, that's just the beginning.

I have an inexplicable, deep-seeded fear of cancer and wrinkles that keeps me out of the sun and invested in spray tanners; as such, I not only act like I'm 16 but I actually LOOK like I'm 16! I should be way more stressed about my financial situation than I am, but I can't bring myself to take life that seriously. I am fairly certain that my plight in life is to spread the cheer of a child to those who have gotten too serious about life to really be in touch with their inner selves. And that inner self is what keeps us young, keeps things fun, and makes every single sunrise the most amazing miracle one has ever witnessed.

I wish I could convince the world that its okay to be silly, that knowledge of music and tone is unnecessary when the song is sung by your heart, and that burdens not given to God will slowly destroy your soul and cause you to age beyond your years....not to mention, I think it gives you wrinkles..... :)

No comments: