Thursday, September 6, 2007

I wish I had tupperware. With matching lids. THAT would be rad.

I wish I had picture frames. Then I wouldn't have to take pictures of the landlord's wall decor so I can accurately put HIS house back together when I stop making enough to pay rent, take his beautiful abstract paintings out of his frames and replace them with the comforting smiles of my family and friends, and center the new art on the existing nails throughout the house that I pretend is mine.

I wish I had the courage to remind my boss that it's September. That she must have accidentally forgotten about my August-evaluation-turned-much-deserved-raise... That I am barely making it and being taken advantage of...

I wish I valued myself enough to admit that I am good enough for tupperware with matching lids. That my voice is strong, my words are smart, and my passion and ability make me an asset to my company. To any company.

I've wished on all the brightest stars, proposed hundreds of preposterous deals to the G-O-D, and done all sorts of little good deeds to ensure that my karma remains in the positive. What I haven't done is spoken up for myself, truly believed in myself. And yet, the next line I originally wrote was that I hope I begin recognizing my worth someday soon. Someday is now, and I'm ready...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its all about hope and belief. All of it.